Sunday, February 2, 2014

FRIDAY THE 14th


Sometime last year I broke up from what was a pretty long and serious relationship. I forgot how dreadful and lonely the holidays were as a single person. Christmas went by relatively smoothly, with lots of food and family. But the New Year would not be as easy. To compound my horror, of bringing in the new years in as a single person was the guest list of the party I had chosen to go to. It consisted of the couple that had been married two years, the couple married a month ago and a couple that would be married in a month. YEAY FOR ME!!!

Married people are horrible, they are all happy and blissful setting up their homes, planning their lives, optimistic, and dripping with mushy goodness and love lets not forget the oozing love. YUCK. For their part the couples tried their best not to ooze their super sweet happiness around me, I got lots of consoling hugs and conciliatory and reassuring ‘there is a perfect guy for you out there’ comments. The night passed and I survived only to be alive and kicking for the next holiday extraordinaire.

The holiday most dreaded by all single people is almost here. There is no running, no hiding and no Shiv Sena to help counter what will happen. I thought I was going to ignore it but facebook (that bitch) wont let me. 6 different online valentine day sales, I better hurry! Maybe they mean I should hurry and find my self a man. Best of luck with that I say to myself.

My loathing for holidays and married people is not a common factor in single people. Some single people are far more, well adjusted to being single than me; maybe they’ve had more practice. I haven’t quiet figured out how to be ‘okay’ alone. I don’t mean in isolation, though I find that hard as well. I mean single alone. Hopefully I will survive Friday the 14th with head held high and heart intact.

6 comments:

  1. Yoi can celebrate with with me fellow singleton! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes good things fall apart, so better things can fall back together - Marilyn Monroe.
    Perhaps, gooey lovey couples must continue to master the art of happiness with and without their better half. So, it isn't as dream-like as it seems. Single-married-dating...perhaps the key to happiness, lies in our own soul. And maybe we forget that when we get used to someone else opening the door for us (like a significant other). So, I do believe you can get through Friday the 14th brilliantly, with a happy heart. Maybe even teach us married souls, when we are too busy searching for the mush in our significant other's eyes, that we may be forgetting that the key to happiness resides in our soul. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Friday the 14th" !!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHA, only you'd come up with that :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. @confused baby - haha thanks for the offer but who are u?
    @priya - i intend to find this happiness in my own soul. im looking damn hard.
    @shreyas- im a genius. its true.

    ReplyDelete