Saturday, August 9, 2014

MARRIAGE MATERIAL

I was hoping my next article would be about meeting the 6'2"inch boy my mom found me. I was hoping to meet him, not because anything about this man sounded particularly exciting. He was an MBA graduate who worked in HR. But I thought, if nothing else, meeting this man would make for an interesting blog post. I live to entertain. And I’m trying to be open to the process of letting mommy find me a hubby. I am internally repulsed by the idea, of an arranged marriage. No offense to any one who found their soul mates that way. But I still decided to give him a chance.

When I say give him a chance I mean I glanced at his face book profile. It was like breaking into Fort Knox, the man had some insane privacy settings. There was only one picture that was accessible. It wasn’t particularly interesting. And that’s as far as I took it.

 He on the other hand had full access to my unabashed profile. I am not sure how long he was on it, or what he saw, that sent him running in the opposite direction. It may have been the chin piercing. It may have been all the very drunk pictures. Pictures of me hugging men and women. Or maybe it was the pictures of me kissing my ex boyfriend. In my defence -  those were up there from when he was my boyfriend. Or maybe he is pro BJP, and dating a congress girl was just more than he could handle.

So I’m sorry to disappoint you guys but there wont be an article on my meeting the 
6'2"boy. Cause the 6'2" boy, who was using the modern technology of the Internet and facebook, couldn’t handle my modern-ness. I was too modern. I’ll try not to sound too disappointed.

I am 26 years old and I am a month away from being 27.  I run my own company. And we do great things. I have a chin piercing and a tattoo. I can drink all night and I can dance till the morning light. I hug people I love. And I love lots of people. I am a loyal friend and the best kind of lover. I am fun and funny. And one day I will write a book and you Mr. 6'2". You will not be a page. Not even a paragraph. How sad for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment